If you are looking for answers to a question you have please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Definitions and Notification of Changes
Afrobiz may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Afrobiz. Your continued use of Afrobiz.co.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older or you will not be able to enter into a legally binding contract to buy or sell via Afrobiz.
1.3. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
2. You must not use Afrobiz for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and you agree to comply with all ‘local’ laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content such as libel law and must comply with all local jurisdiction.
3. You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties.
4. You must not threaten, intimidate, harass or otherwise abuse any other Afrobiz user.
5. You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
6. You are solely responsible for your behaviour and conduct on Afrobiz.co.uk including use of all content and data including images [graphics and photos], audio and video clips, links and text [such as conversations] that you post to the Afrobiz.co.uk website.
7. You must not modify or adapt or ‘hack’ Afrobiz.co.uk or seek to create another website or communication to users that implies it is associated to Afrobiz.co.uk
8. You must not produce unwanted communications [spam] to other users of Afrobiz.
9. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
10. You must not transmit or seek to transmit any viruses or worms or any code that seeks to alter the behaviour of the Afrobiz site or that is in any way destructive.
11. Under no circumstances will Afrobiz Ltd. be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; © loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Afrobiz regardless of the form of action.
Goods for Sale – Handmade
12. If you seek to sell products then all goods sold as “handmade” must be deemed not to have been produced through “mass production” methods and must be the original design or produce of the seller. See What can I sell on Afrobiz?for our policy on what is allowed for sale.
13. You must not list prohibited items – for a list of such items please refer to prohibited items listAfrobiz reserves the right to change this list at any time and without notice.
Content and Copyright
14. You [“the user”] in using Afrobiz allow Afrobiz the right to re-use, edit, modify, re-purpose and re-publish the content. “You” retain rights over copyright of all such content yet provide a license for Afrobiz to use this content both on and offline in perpetuity (see also point 27.).
15. You must not post, list or upload false, inaccurate, misleading or defamatory content (including personal information).
16. You must not copy, modify, or distribute Afrobiz’s copyrighted works or trade marks, or other content from the Site, without our express consent.
19. Your content must be your own original work which you have the right to make available and is not defamatory, does not infringe any law and indemnify Afrobiz against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Afrobiz as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
Sales and Returns
20. You must pay for items purchased by you, unless the seller has made a clear typographical error or you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity. You and you alone are liable for paying the seller if you commit to buy an item. Please refer to the Sales and Returns policy.
21. You must post items purchased from you after receipt of payment in the time frame specified in the listing unless you cannot authenticate the buyer’s identity in which case you must notify Afrobiz staff by email
22. You must able to form a legally binding contract of sale to be a member of Afrobiz. This restricts membership to those of 18 years of age or over unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian who must supervise [and be ultimately responsible for] the account.
Data and Privacy
23. You must not collect information about users, including email addresses, without their express consent.
24. You must not hold multiple accounts in order to sell the same goods as this constitutes ‘spam’ and unfair manipulation of the Afrobiz service.
25. You must not solicit for new business on Afrobiz or use afrobiz.co.uk to send unsolicited communications except to ask or inform others about Afrobiz business (items, postage etc.). Any such action will result in your account being deleted and possible action taken with your company or ISP (internet service provider).
Changes to the Service
27. Afrobiz retains the right to terminate or change the service for any reason at any time without notice.
Marketing and Linking
30. You shall not link out from Afrobiz to your own shop or other selling platform. Afrobiz is to be primarily used as a platform for selling and not as a lead generator / marketing platform for your own site or other services and platforms.
If you break the above terms then your account will be suspended and possibly terminated. Afrobiz seeks to promote legal activity and well behaved conduct on its site however, you understand and agree in using the site that Afrobiz is a ‘place’ and is not responsible for the content posted on the site and that you may be exposed to content and behaviour that contravenes the above Terms and as such you use the Afrobiz service at your own risk.